Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Tiny Little House

I think it is finally safe to say spring has arrive here in New Hampshire and the entire family has been enjoying the warmer temperatures and the bright sunshine.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I am reading The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule and how inspiring it has been. Well, I decided to try another one of her ideas and see how the girls would respond. I asked them if they wanted to make fairy houses. As you can imagine Hannah was excited from the beginning. When you are a nine year old girl fairies are pretty cool. Sarah, on the other hand, wasn't sure about fairies but thought the idea of building something sounded intriguing. So off the girls went to find the perfect spot for the their fairy houses and begin collecting materials. They both had a wonderful time, fully immersed in their own imaginations and the world around them as they hunted for the perfect rock or twig. It was wonderful to watch.

I would tell you more, but I think Sarah did a better job than I could. You can see her darling house and take a tour on her blog.



The cool thing is she has returned to continue work on her house and is now constructing a second one. I love to see their imaginations run wild. Below you can see Hannah's fairy house.


Does anyone know if fairies will help keep the mosquitoes and no seeums away this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.