Friday, April 17, 2009

Embroidered Pillow

So many of you thought it was cool that Rebekah was embroidering and wanted to see the finished project. Well here it is along with Rebekah and Rosie (her favorite doll). Didn't it turn out cute?

The best part was making it WITH her. Rebekah sat in my lap and helped me guide the fabric through the machine. She loved turning the pillow right side out and seeing her sewing emerge. And her little hands were wonderful at stuffing. She even insisted on helping hand sew the pillow closed. Now that was not an easy task, but she did a great job. However, the best part was when we were all finished and she ran through the house hugging her pillow saying "so pretty, so pretty". It was such a proud moment for both mama and child when she took her pillow into show papa and said "I sew pretty!"

I don't know if Rebekah will remember her first embroider project but I hope that this is just the first of many many memory making projects that this mama and daughter will work on. And I know I wont forget this one.

What sweet memories are you making with your dear children? I'd love for you to share.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice job Bekah... I think your pillow is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.