Sunday, April 5, 2009

Painting the Bathroom Again!

As most of you know we just finished redoing our upstairs bathroom last month. Well, it has been a month and so we figured it was time to paint the bathroom again. Only this time we painted the tub with kid friendly tub paints of course. This homemade concoction was a huge hit with all the girls even if the plan was for Rebekah to paint. Here you can see all the beautiful colors we made. The recipe was simple ~ liquid soap (I used lavender castile soap), cornstarch, and food coloring. I mixed about 1/3 cup castile soap with about 6 Tbsp of cornstarch. I just kept adding the cornstarch until it was a paint like consistency. Next I put a few Tbsp into each muffin cup and added the food coloring. Finally mix it all together. Tadah! Bathtub paint.

As you can see it was a little runny and we ran out of paint much too quickly for Rebekah. Both issues should be easily fixable. It rinsed off the tub wall easily and didn't leave a stain or residue. Just make sure you run some water on the floor of the tub. I did get a tiny bit of white film around the drain, but I didn't rinse.

Don't you just love the little chubby hand? I'm still impressed by her wonderful pencil grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.