Hauling trash and recyclables to the dump is not one of my favorite chores. But alas it needs to be done and on a regular basis. Getting to stop at the dump store is one of the way s I motivate myself to go. The dump store is a large garage at the dump where you can drop off items that you don't want but aren't really trash. And of course you can take items (treasures) that you find. Over the years I have come home with some great finds. But today I hit the mother load.
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Calendar Set (retail $19.99)
- Melissa & Doug Cake Set ($19.99)
- Melissa & Doug Sandwich Set ($19.99)
- Melissa & Doug Pizza Set ($19.99)
- Wooden Teaching Clock
- Pampered Chef Bread Flower Tube ($6.50)
- Tortilla Press ($17.99)
- April Cornell Apron ($29.00)
- Corning Ware Cornflower Blue 1 3/4 Quart Covered Casserole (Vintage selling for $30.00 on line)
Everything was in like new condition. Rebekah loves the Melissa & Doug kitchen sets and all the pieces are here except for the number 9 for the calendar, but that is an easy fix. I couldn't find the clock on line, but it is really nice and much better than the little plastic one I used with the older girls. We once borrowed a Pampered Chef bread tube to make finger sandwiches for a little girls tea. They were a huge success and so much fun. Now we can make some fun tea sandwiches again. I have been wanting a tortilla press for a while and actually have to make tortillas tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it works. A "new" apron is always a treasure, they are part of my daily "uniform". And a vintage casserole dish, I just had to have it.
Some days it pays to do your chores!