Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Tuesday, May 4th


Outside my window... The snow is finally gone and the sun is shining. The garden is waiting to be planted. The tulips are just starting to bloom and join the daffodils. The birds are busy building courting and building nests. I love to watch their dances.


I am thinking...How glad and at the same time sad that Perform It is over for the season. The kids put on a great show!


I am thankful for... A little down time this week. We have been running crazy with the play and all.

From the learning rooms...some math, some science, reading of course

From the kitchen...Tortillas for our tacos tonight and a bath of chocolate peanut butter chip cookies to share with friends tomorrow. A thank you for moving some furniture.

I am wearing...A khaki skirt and a purpler short sleeve t-shirt

I am creating...Still knitting the lace baktus have a crayon roll to make for Bekah. I would like to order a sundress pattern and fabric for Bekah too. And Hannah wants to sew some small projects still yet to be determined. I think we thumb through the book, One Yard Wonders.

I am going... To stay home as much as possible this week. We have been out way too much and it is starting to show. The girls are tired and snippy.

I am reading...Animal Farm

I am hoping...Doug's doing well at his second week of school!

I am hearing...Nothing but the songs of the birds outside. Beautiful, peaceful quiet!

Around the house...Today a hulling out of the girls rooms. Tomorrow we move furniture and Bekah into Hannah's room and Sarah into her own room.

One of my favorite things... Watching my girls grow up in to delightful, intelligent, caring, compassionate young woman. It is an honor to be their mother. They make me so proud.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Hannah's last sewing class, a trip to the bog to see the birds, book club, and a college graduation this weekend.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Join the fun or see what other woman are doing and thinkkng at The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get some restful, refreshing time at home this week. Can't wait to hear about the birding trip! Please be sure to post. Thanks.

    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely work with us. We can't wait to see you guys this summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.