Thursday, May 27, 2010

Potato Planting


We have been planing potatoes for a few years now with mixed success. We have tried the trash can method as well in the ground. This year we planted in the ground after getting some tips from here.



We planted both reds and kennebec varieties. I hope that we all we have learned and some good weather we have a good yeild this year. Last year's potato crop was small but delicious. And the potatoes kept really well in our cool pantry. I would love to be able to grow enough potatoes to last us through the year. Of course, I would have to have my darling husband build me a root cellar to store them in. And that is a whole other post.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your potatoes. This is my first year growing potatoes and I'm having to do it in a crate. But I live in Seattle and we haven't had sun for about 2 months. So who knows how they will turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.