Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Salmon Patties

There has been a lot of talk lately of how good fish is for you. Unfortunately the price of fish makes it hard to put it on the menu often enough. I've never been a big fan of canned fish - tuna and sardines were about it for me. That was until I ran across a recipe for Salmon Patties. It took a little tweaking, but the result is AWESOME! All the girls love theses! We've been know to make them for lunch or a quick dinner. And the cost - not bad. I can get the cans of Salmon at Job Lots!

Salmon Patties
  • 14 oz can salmon
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp dill
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • olive oil for cooking

In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the oil.

Heat a small amount of oil in a fry pan. I love my cast iron for this. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and form into a patty. Place in the hot oil to cook for about 5 minutes. Turn about half way through. Patties should be golden brown. You can make larger patties and serve them on buns with a little tarter sauce for delicious fish sandwiches.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.