Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book



FOR TODAY ~ Tuesday, May 11th

Outside my window...It is a sunny 33 degrees as we get ready to head into the bog for a bird watch.

I am thinking... How crazy we must appear to be going birding when it is freezing out!

I am thankful for... For my husband and my children. They truly are each a special blessing from God. I am going to try harder to remember that especially in the small and frustrating moments of motherhood.

From the learning rooms...nature walk in the bog, book club, sewing class, international night - all this on top of the usual math, reading, history and more

From the kitchen...More violet recipes, syrup is next.

I am wearing... Flannel lined jeans, wool socks, a green long sleeved T, a fleece vest and a wool hat. Yes, it is May and it is freezing!

I am creating...The crayon roll of Bekah still needs to be done, and I think I am going to make some roll-up covers for our wrap sandwiches. I hate using the foil.

I am going... to be running the girls from activity to activity this week. Trying to squeeze in the errands when I am out with them.

I am reading... The latest copy of Mary Jane's Farm, one of my favorite magazines. Thanks for lending me your issue!

I am hoping... The pace will slow down a bit, the weather will warm up a bit, and all the things we want to do, make, and share will find their way into our schedule.

I am hearing...Nothing but the songs of the birds outside. Beautiful, peaceful quiet!

Around the house...Vacuuming, mopping and dusting are on the agenda. I have been trying to put the house to bed at night as was suggested on another blog. And it really has been working. It is so nice to wake up to a clean kitchen and a tidy living room. Just starts the day off right.

One of my favorite things... Knitting. There is something so relaxing, so meditative about the whole process of knitting. The rhythm of the needles. The feel of the natural fibers. The sense of making something useful and beautiful.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Sewing class for Hannah has been continued! Our homeschool groups international night. Sarah first dance.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.