Sunday, May 24, 2009

Knitting for Rosie

One of the wonderful apects of the blogging world is the inspiration one gains from the numerous other women sharing their lives on their blogs. I am often touched and challenged by many of the women I have become friends with via their blogs.

One things that has continues to inspire me has been the crafty abilities of so many. I love to craft but am not great with coming up with my own unique designs. I also find new techniques intimidating. I am more of a hands on learner when it comes to crafts and like to be shown how to do something.

All that being said I have always wanted to learn to knit. My mother knit beautifully. I treasure all the sweaters she has lovingly made my daughters. Unfortunately she took up knitting after I had left home and she is too far away to show me how.

So I turned to one of my favorite crafty women, Amanda Soule, aka Soulemama. Lucky for me she listed Kids Knitting by Melanie Falick among her recomended books. What a wonderful introduction to knitting and not just for kids.

After looking through the book and knitting a few squares in different patterns, I was ready to try something more. There is an adorable pattern for a doll's vest. I just knew Rebekah's doll Rosie needed one of these vests.
Here is Rosie in her new vest. It is a little large as the pattern was for an 18" doll, but I think it looks ok. And Rebekah thinks Rosie new vest is the best!

Now to find a hat pattern. My goal is to knit hats for the family before next fall. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.