Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wonderful Walgreens!

Walgreens was the place to shop this week. By the time I paired sale items, Walgreens coupons and manufacturer coupons most of the items above were free. I needed to complete two transactions. The first one was four packages of huggies wipes (one isn't pictured as I already gave it to a friend) and the kotex. The huggies wipes were on sale for $6.00 and I had a $5.00 coupon on each bag. The kotex was on sale for $3.00 and I had a $1.00 coupon. The total transaction was $6.00. I paid with my Walgreens Refund Gift Card, so technically no money our of pocket. And the best part - I received $10.00 in register rewards for the next purchase! So yes all those items were as good as FREE!

The second transaction included two Sense & Spray, two Scented Oil Fan air fresheners, Colgate toothpaste, shampoo, hairspray, shaving gel, three packs of gum, and shower liquid soap. This transaction came to a total of $8.40. A little short of using my register rewards from the first transaction. (They were out of some items I had planned to get) So I paid cash, but received another $5.49 in register rewards.

According to my sales receipts, before sales prices and coupons, I would have paid $92.33 for my items. My actual out of pocket cost was $8.40 and I have another $15.49 in register rewards to use on my next purchase. Now that's the way I like to shop!

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero! It still amazes me, but I am learning. Thank you Yoda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.