Sunday, March 1, 2009

Someone Else's Trash

The girls and I made a weekly run to the dump yesterday. It used to be one of my least liked chores. That was until I discovered the "dump store". The so called dump store is just a room in one of the sheds where people can leave items that aren't ready for the trash heap, but that they don't want or need anymore. You never know what you might find, but it is always worth a look.

Yesterday was one of those GREAT days when you find a true treasures.


In the center is a deep dish baker from Pampered Chef. New it would cost about $35.00. Now this one looks like it has hardly been used. Plus in my experience, Pampered Chef stoneware gets better the more you use it. The pan will be great for a double batch of 90 minute roll, cinnamon rolls, and so much more.


The book on the left is a novel by Ella Waterbury Gardner. I haven't been able to find out much about it yet, but it looked good at first glance at the chapter titles.


The book on the right is the true treasure. It is a first edition, 1911, of Mother by Kathleen Norris. The funny thing is I just purchased a revised copy of the book from Vision Forum. Sarah and I both read and loved it. I highly recommend it to mothers and daughters alike. Now Sarah can have the new copy and I can have the original. I am looking forward to reading the original.

Anyway, we will be checking out the "dump store" next week. You never know what you'll find. I guess what they say is true. One man's trash is another one's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.