Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jumper Number One!


As promised here is the photo of the first sewing project! I am pleased with how this little jumper turned out. I haven't made the matching doll dress yet. I need to make a pattern for that first, and that is a little daunting.

Rebekah loves here jumper. It is made of cotton flannel so it is toasty warm for the New England winter. It even has ties to help adjust the fit. And of course I made it nice and long.

Best of all the entire jumper cost $3.99 out of pocket. I had the pattern and the thread already. From start to finish it took me about 2 1/2 hours. Not bad if I say so myself. The next one should go faster as this was the first time I had ever used bias tape. It really wasn't difficult especially after viewing this tutorial. Thank Amy for a great explanation.

Check back later to see the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.