Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along


Joining in the fun of the weekly Yarn Along hosted by Ginny over at Small Things. In Ginny's words:


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~






Stitch by stitch, row by row this little Hetty is starting to get somewhere.  These days when the garden and chickens are calling us outside, finding time to knit isn't always easy.  But like the tortoise, slow and steady I will win this race eventually.  Of course it doesn't help that Rebekah has requested that this be a dress instead of a top.  Oh how many inches and increases does that add?  Not sure, but I know I'll figure it out.  And so stitch by stitch, row by row I'll keep plugging away.


Oh and just you don't love the mug?  It was my favorite mug and some how got a crack down the side.  Just enough that it wont hold liquid anymore.  I was so sad, but couldn't toss it.  And then I discover that it is just the perfect thing to hold my yarn while I knit.  No more chasing yarn that has rolled across the floor and a a new use for my favorite mug so I don't have to throw it away!


Reading is sort of in the same slump.  My morning Bible and study time are happening regularly, but reading for pure fun, well that is another story.  I pulled The Red Tent off the shelf after it being mentioned at the Herbal Conference I went to a couple of weekends ago, but haven't done anything but move it from desk to table to nightstand.  I really hope I get a chance to start it this week.


Rebekah has kept me busy reading to her.  This weeks favorite is I'll Follow the Moon by Stephanie Lisa Tara.  A cute, simple book about a baby sea turtle who hatches and needs to find his way from the sand to the sea.  Rebekah loves that each page ends with a repeat of prose.  It is a fabulous bedtime story with it's gentle rhythmic prose. 


Don't forget to hop on over to the Yarn Along and see what others are knitting and reading.  Inspiration awaits!


Don't forget my little one's giveaway!  There is still time to enter and she'd be thrilled if you'd enter.

4 comments:

  1. Finding time to knit is tough, I struggle with that a lot too. But it's looking great!
    I remember I really enjoyed The Red Tent when I read it. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you found a new way to use your favourite mug. I'll try to remember that in case it happens to one of my favourite mugs (i have several). i find myself knitting less in the summer months too, but that's okay. summer is short enough (at least here), so i'll just embrace it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great use for a cracked mug :) I have been using coffee cans for mine- my husband has promised to cut a hole in the top so the ball wont come out, but I have yet to see it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find my kniting takes place in little bits and pieces here and there and in the evening once the house quietens down some
    I love how you recycled your mug :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.