Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in the fun of the weekly Yarn Along hosted by Ginny over at Small Things. In Ginny's words:


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~


Well with all the rain, I was finally able to carve out some time to knit this week.  I still didn't get as far on my Hetty as I would like.  Hopefully Rebekah wont out grow it before it is done.  It should start moving a long as I am working on the body which is just straight knitting.  I do love how it is turning out and can see myself knitting another one, as it really isn't the pattern's fault it is going so slowly.


As for reading I'm not doing much better there.  Rebekah is in love with Olivia.  We must read about this precocious pig five times a day or more.  It is a cute story, one my other girls enjoyed too.


I'm working my way through the Thinking, Feeling, Willing class over at Waldorf Essentials.  It is really Waldorf Teacher Training for homeschooling moms.  I am loving it and learning so much about myself and my children.  I love how Waldorf encompasses the whole child and not just the academics.  And this program really breaks down the hows and the whys in easy to understand language.  And their support is unbeatable.  Yes, as this school year ends I am already working on preparing for the next.  Who ever said teachers get the summer off?

Don't forget to head over to the Yarn Along and see what others are knitting and reading.  There is always so much inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Your Hetty is looking lovely. I have been wanting to knit the same pattern, just need to get to the lys for supplies.
    We love Olivia here too and yes, we read her over and over and over...!
    Have a great yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarn is beautiful. Your little one will be darling in her cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.