Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Summer Treat!

We are a family of desert and treat lovers! You will always find cookies, or a pie, or a cake of sorts if you drop by. So I am always on the look our for new recipes to try. And if I can find a healthy treat or desert all the better.

With the mercury climbing we have been looking for deserts and treats that are cool and refreshing. More often than not we make smoothies. And that was the plan yesterday. However, I was out of kefir and so I tried to use homemade Greek yogurt instead. Well, much to my surprise the concoction of frozen strawberries and bananas and yogurt was not a smoothie but rather a delicious frozen yogurt! The girls devoured it! And then they asked me to make it again tonight. That's when I knew I had a winner.



Not the best photo. It was melting faster than I could take the picture. But don't let the its looks dissuade you. This is one healthy, frugal treat. And I am sure it would be good with a variety of other fruits. Blueberries come to mind first.

What are your favorite summer treats? As I said I am always on the look out for more tasty recipes.

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh this looks so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a good time for these sweet treats! We have the same thing on our minds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through the Rhythm of the Home giveaway, and I really like it!

    Thanks for this idea--I would love to try this with my kids. They adore ice cream, but commercial ice cream has a lot of questionable ingredients. I bet they would like this though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look delicious Elizabeth - we have managed to pick up sore throats over here and that looks like a healthy, soothing treat to me! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.