Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Farmer's Market Preparations

The girls and I have decided to rent a spot at the Jackson Farmer's Market this summer. So we have spent the last couple of weeks making lots of list and lost of handmade goodies. We are selling mostly baked goods and homemade alternatives to help with housekeeping duties.


Hannah and I have been sewing.

  • Children's Aprons
  • Market Bags
  • Pin Cushions
  • Crayon Rolls
  • Clothespin Aprons
  • Needle Books
  • Book Marks.

Sarah and I have been baking and making labels.

  • Cookies & Brownies
  • Dinner Rolls
  • Scones
  • Quick Breads
  • Doggie Treats
  • Granola
  • Spice Mixes


I've been knitting.
  • Cotton Dish Cloths
  • Kitchen Scrubbies filled will Wool
  • Wool Dryer Balls


All of us have helped make homestead soap, laundry soap, natural deodorant, sun tea and more. And of course the chicken have been laying eggs for us to sell. Our hope is to add a couple of new products each week.

It has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Last Saturday was opening day and we did well. We hope that as summer kicks into full swing we will do even better. Our goal is not only to supplement the family income, but also earn money for a three day trip to Boston with our homeschool group in the fall.

If your in the area we would love for you to stop by and check out the market. And if not, watch our shop as we will be listing some of our items there.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new venture. I would love to do something similar, but I have enough commitments to keep me busy. I love your range of goodies and I can imagine them selling well. It is just the kind of stall I would stop at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best wishes to you @ Farmers Market! I love your knitted items. I knit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so impressed! All things I would be tempted by! Good luck!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.