Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rags to Riches ~ Project Saturday

A trip to the dump led to the wonderful discovery of two wooden chairs. They were a little worn and the wood was faded, but they seemed to be pretty sturdy. So into the van they went. I was hoping that my wonderful husband could work a little bit of his magic and turn these abandoned junk chairs into something fabulous for our front porch.

Here's the chair after a quick wash and tightening of the hardware. It is already looking better. My husband was too quick, so I didn't get a true before picture.

Next was a coat of stain.

I think the chairs came out great! There are two of them. They look great on the front porch on either side of the wicker love seat we picked up at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. Now I just have to sew up a few cushions and pillows. I've got something in mind for this project, so stay tuned. Hopefully, I will get to it this week.

It will be so nice to be able to sit on our front porch. We have never had furniture on it. I am already looking forward to evening knitting and sipping iced tea.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to learn to knit so I can sit beside you! Great Job Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you, even though i don't even know you! our lives are millions of miles apart & yet we have so very much in common...:)

    we found a savable chair at our dump a couple of weeks ago & i am planning on fixing it up as well.

    it really is a small world...i look forward togetting to know you better...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.