Thursday, June 3, 2010

From the Kitchen

We woke this morning to rain and this really was a good thing. First the garden need it. It has been so dry. And secondly, we had a lot to do in the kitchen today. If the sun had been shining it would have been hard to stay in and bake. So the rain was good.

I try really hard to stay away from pre-made processed foods. I takes a little more work on my part, but the savings to the pocketbook and our health is more than worth it. Actually, it is a fact that we wouldn't be able to eat as well as we do if I had to purchase it all from the grocer. Have you ever noticed how junk food is cheaper than good food? But that is a topic for a whole other post.

On the list to make today was granola, bread, muffins, tortillas, oat cakes, and yogurt (that's what's wrapped in the towels). It was a delightful day in the kitchen. All the girls helped out and it didn't take long to get all of this made. We were done before lunch. And as luck would have it the rain stopped and sun began to peek out. Isn't is wonderful when the weather cooperates?

So what are you making in your kitchen? I love trying new recipes and so if you wouldn't mind sharing leave a comment and a link. Bon appetit!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog, but like it very much...one question:what are oat cakes? :)

    ~Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bunch of baking and cooking you have done, very inspiring, I have had yogurt making on my list for a month now, you have inspired me to tackle it this weekend. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have taken me all day to get that done with my helpers! Maybe I can borrow yours sometime! Everything looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.