Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A little love in the mail

Well here it is. My finished square for A Blanket of Love. And it is on its way to Tonya who so kindly organized this project and is sewing all the squares together.

This was a hard knit for me. Not the pattern or the size, but rather what this little square represented. A life taken much too soon. Another very small life that shouldn't have to grow up without his mother. I cried most of the time it took me to knit this square. I rejoiced in my roll as a mother. I prayed for all the mothers and children everywhere. I reminded myself that life is too short and that each and every moment is important. I vowed to live each day to the fullest for myself, my husband, my children and the world.

It was such an honor to be part of this beautiful project. Thank you Tonya.

The square pattern is from the Spring issue of Living Crafts. You can see detail about my square on my ravelry page.

Now I'm off to hug my girls.

1 comment:

  1. bless you, my squares will be joining yours with this project too.
    hugging you mama xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.