Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simple Womans Day Book


FOR TODAY ~ Tuesday, June 1st

Outside my window... the sky is hazy from the forest fires in Quebec. The lawn still holds reminders of yesterday cookout.

I am thinking... How awesome my life is! Married to my best friend, blessed with wonderful kids, saved by Grace!

I am thankful for... Doug being home an extra day this weekend. It was wonderful to have him here. We accomplished so much and had a wonderful Memorial Day cook out with family friends.

From the learning rooms... Tying up the loose ends before we end the year. Taking some time with each of the girls to review the year and see where we are heading for the next.

From the kitchen... Honey Oat Wheat Bread, Granola, Blueberry Muffins, Tortillas, and Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream!

I am wearing... A few thrift store treasures: A soft green twill skirt, a white cotton blouse.

I am creating...Sarah's sweater is started, but it is going to be a long haul I think. I have a dress for Sarah as well as another for Rebekah. A clothes pin apron. Hannah asked for help with an apron for her doll. And there are some cushions for the font porch chairs and love seat to be made.

I am going... Sewing for Hannah and Youth Group for Sarah today. And then no where for the rest of this week. I am looking forward to a quiet week.

I am reading... The new edition of the on-line magazine, Rhythm of the Home. A wonderful publication. I strongly recommend you check it out.

I am hoping... The week is a s peaceful as it looks on the calendar. Our summer rhythm is just starting to come together. I love the change of seasons, but the transition leaves me a little dishevelled at times.

I am hearing... The quiet hum of the dishwasher. The last load of dishes from yesterdays festivities.

Around the house... Some more decluttering. Really trying to lighten the load and feel of the house.

One of my favorite things... A morning cup of coffee to keep me company in the garden as I weed. A great time of meditation and prayer.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Down time. Playing, creating, cooking, reading, laughing and loving!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



For a peek into the lives of others visit The Simple Woman's Day Book hosted by Peggy.

5 comments:

  1. Decluttering always seems to be on the schedule. It is a never ending job. Enjoyed reading your daybook. Thanks for stopping by and reading mine today.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I declutter. But somehow things keep creeping back into my space. *smile*
    I, also, enjoyed reading your daybook and your some of your postings. I noted that you are somewhere in NH? I was born and bred in Portsmouth, NH-moved to the south 20 years ago and regretted it ever since.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decluttering IS always on the schedule, isn't it? With little ones and homeschooling...it just keeps needing to be done : ) Thanks for sharing your daybook, I enjoyed reading it. Glad you had a lovely Memorial Day, we did, too! Sounds like you have a great week lined up, no plans, just drifting towards summer break...LOVE IT! We started LATE this year with an out of town wedding in September, so we have a ways to go before summer gets here for us. Enjoy the break!
    Blessings,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post was making me hungry!

    Thanks for stopping by my daybook this week. Decluttering is fun!

    Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing this as well...i am going to join, too.

    it is a wonderful things to be able to recognize the simple beauty in the workd around. i have found this even more true since i have become a mother & even moreso once i was finally able to stay at home with our children.

    blessings, jessi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.