Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today… Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shinning finally. The temperatures are trying to climb, but it is still chilly. The birds are happily chirping as the snow is gone again.

I am thinking... about these next two crazy weeks with Sarah's play and Doug's school. How to incorporate family time and meet everyone needs.

I am thankful... for good friends to share a cup of coffee with.

I am wearing... my favorite denim skirt, long sleeve t, and a fleece pullover.

I am remembering... sweet conversations with my oldest daughter, what a delightful young woman she is growing up to be.

I am creating… lots!!! More felted bowls, crayon rolls, pillow case bags.. Also designing curtains for the upstairs bath and kitchen.

I am going... to run Sarah down to meet her ride to rehearsal.

I am reading... The American Frugal Housewife (1833 edition) A dear friend lent me this little book after I taught a make it for less class at our church.

I am hoping... the snow is really gone for good this time.

From the learning rooms… the usual, reading, math, science, history, map skills and art, not too much today though as we have a couple of friends coming over.

Noticing that... Rebekah is nursing less and less. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not or if I'm ready for her to stop completely. The little ones just grow up too fast.

From the kitchen… Making tortillas for tonight's dinner. Also need to make some sort of sweet for my sweets.

Around the house... cleaning and decluttering! Spring is here.

One of my favorite things: the sound of my children's laughter and playing

A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting Doug prepared to leave for school, making sure Sarah gets to play rehearsals, cleaning the chicken coop, and planting spinach and lettuce~hopefully.

From my picture journal...

See what other women are up to this moring: The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture! Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo, wonderful daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right... they do grow up too quickly. We are really trying to pay attention to each and every day... before we know our children with be grown. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.