Thursday, April 15, 2010

Egg Salad

Egg salad has to be one of my favorite sandwiches. So simple! Such a staple! And oh so yummy! This is the egg salad recipe I grew up with. The addition of curry is what makes it special.

  • six hard boiled eggs - pealed and chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayo - to to your taste
  • 1 tsp curry - I like to use a little more
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper - fresh ground is best

Mix all ingredients! You're done! We like it on homemade bread, spread on crackers, or in a pita. Heck! Sometimes I just eat it out of the bowl.

Remind me the next time I take pictures of food not to cut a sandwich with a knife I used to cut an avocado. The green isn't real appealing, but it tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. I had egg salad today as well...boiled eggs mixed with home-made mayo, home-grown pickles, celery and mustard green sprouts on home-baked sourdough! The bomb!

    Nice photo. I didn't mind the green at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.