Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lavender Powder

Anyone who knows me or has been reading this blog for a while knows that I am always on the lookout to save money, simplify, and live more healthily. We've accomplished a lot in the kitchen and now I am moving on to health and beauty products. We ran out of baby powder the other day and Rebekah was asking for powder after her bath. What's a mom to do? Search for a homemade solution of course.

Who knew a frugal, healthy alternative to baby/body powder was as close as my pantry?

In a bowl combine 3/4 cup arrowroot (you can use cornstarch which is cheaper but can contain talc), 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup rice flour, 1/4 cup lavender flowers that have been finely powdered. I used a mini food processor/blender for this. I'm sure you could leave out the lavender, but it just smells so good.

Um - that's it. Store in an air tight container. This smells so wonderful and makes our skin silky smooth after a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.