Sunday, January 10, 2010

Calorimetry

Even if I haven't posted about it. There has been quite a bit of knitting going on. This warm and cozy headband was knit from some left over yarn. It is really for me, but I can't seem to take a decent picture of myself so Hannah modeled it. I love this pattern as the headband buttons for a perfect fit. And better yet the button holes are a result of the pattern. This one came out a bit wide so I think next time I will decrease the number of rows, but other than that it is a winner.

Oh and a note about the name. From the designer . . .
"Calorimetry is a scientific term describing the measurement of heat lost or gained.

Knit hats are a wonderful way to block out the cold, but when you have long hair it usually requires wearing it down, not often the most comfortable option on a blustery day. This headscarf allows you to wear your hair up while keeping your ears warm and preventing heat from escaping from the top of your head."

The pattern is a freebie on Ravelry. You can find it here. A word of caution - if you have never visited the ravelry site be warned - you could be swallowed up for quite a few hours. It is a wonderful place to track your own projects, yarn stash, needles and more as well as search for pattern, tips and meet other knitters. If you do stop by you can see what I have been working on - just search for heartfelthome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.