Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yarn Along

Joining in the fun of Ginny's Yarn Along.


Balling the yarn to finish the yellow sweater. A few skeins waiting to be balled for a couple more Christmas projects.

My little helper is hard at work. This is one of her favorite jobs. She loves to wind the yarn into balls for me. I love to watch her and the swift. I find it relaxing somehow.

The sweater is coming along. I just hope I can finish it by Christmas. I have the tucks mastered, but the neck shaping, armhole shaping and dividing the back and sides all at the same time has me a little nervous. I'll just keep plugging away one stitch at a time and hopefully as I see it it will all come together.



As for reading, the Christmas book basket is where it is at. The children love to pull out the Christmas books, searching for their favorite. Now to figure out what book will be added this year. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear about your family's favorite Christmas book.

Please stop by Ginny's blog, Small Things

7 comments:

  1. What a sunny colored yarn! On a second note, I have a swift and a winder on my Christmas wish list. Keep your fingers crossed for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is stunning & what a wonderful collection of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A swift!--what fun! Seeing everyone's book baskets has added another task to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, LOVE the yellow yarn! It's my favorite color :) I could use one of those yarn winders one day. I've been getting the kids to help me by holding the skeins of yarn while I ball it but that looks so much quicker :) Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a winder and what a basket! Good luck on the rest of your "shaping".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a swift - how fun
    Warm wishes,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, I LOVE that shade of yellow/golden. It is one of my favorite colors. The sweater looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.