Monday, July 19, 2010

~ ~ Plain and Joyful Living Newsletter ~ ~ A Snail Mail Blessings

A few weeks back I was contacted by the beautiful Tonya from the blog Plain and Joyful Living. I was honored when she asked me to write an article for her family's newsletter. Little did Tonya know I had been reading her blog faithfully for some time and was saving money to order her quarterly newsletter.

God works in mysterious ways. The night before I received Tonya's request I had said to the girls, wouldn't it be wonderful if I could make a few extra dollars from our blog? I didn't want anything big and commercial. I didn't want advertisements or coupon bar. Just something simple. Something wholesome. Something just like writing an article for a lovely newsletter that embodies what I hold near and dear. So in the morning when I received Tonya's request with the idea of writing an article for a few dollars I was in awe of God's provision. Of course I had to relay this to Tonya who agreed it was God's hand at work. For she had never before asked someone she had not met in person to write for the newsletter!

Ask an it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

So I wrote my first article and was honored to have it included in the summer edition of the Plain and Joyful Newsletter. The newsletter itself is a blessing. It is handwritten by its contributors with beautiful black and white illustrations. Each article will inspire the reader. There is humor and beauty throughout its pages. It was a pure and simple joy to sit on the front porch with my morning coffee and savor each page. And if you can believe it there are a few more project ideas in this head of mine.

Please visit Tonya's blog, Plain and Joyful Living, and consider subscribing to this lovely newsletter. There is something heart warming about receiving a handwritten newsletter via snail mail. You can find information about the newsletter in the sidebar of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I receive Tonya's newsletter and can't wait to read your article. In fact today I left her a comment asking about the newsletter and then here you are writing about it. Don't you just love it when things like that happen? Looking forward to your inspiring words : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.