Thursday, October 8, 2009

We've Got EGGS!

As some of you will remember we decided to try raising chicken last spring. The little chicks lived in the kitchen until we got the coop built. You can see the arrival of the chicks here. My wonderful husband did a fabulous job designing and building the coop.

Isn't she beautiful? Here is the first egg! And the sweet chicken even laid it in the right spot! I am so proud of my little feathered girls.

Hannah and Rebekah couldn't wait to collect the first treasure. Rebekah carried it oh so carefully back to the house. By the end of the day we had our second egg that Sarah and Dad got to collect.

Today we had an egg, but I waited for the girls to go and collect it and somehow it disappeared! Anyone have any ideas? I really hope we don't have a little critter stealing eggs. The second egg today was beautiful, but cracked. Once again, don't know what happened. Thinking maybe the hen stepped on it. I sure hope it isn't our little egg stealing critter.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We can't wait to taste some fresh eggs when you have more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.