Friday, October 30, 2009

BBQ Pork Chops with Apples


This was a quick and easy dinner and perfect for a fall evening. I was able to use up the least few apples we had left from apple picking. I wasn't sure how this would go over with the family, so I was a little surprised when everyone loved it. We will definitely be making this again.

  • 6 pork chops - I used a boneless pork roast that I sliced about 1/2" thick
  • 4 Tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1 med onion, sliced
  • 2 cups thinly sliced apples
  • 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a pie plate mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and then dredge in the flour mixture.

In a skillet melt the butter with the olive oil. Brown the pork chops on both sides. Add the onions, apples, BBQ sauce, honey, and garlic.

Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until the chops are tender.

Serve over hot cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.