Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Ice Cream!

We were blessed to have a beautiful snow storm today! About 15 inches of the white fluffy stuff fell. It was getting dark when the girls came home from play practice, so instead of going out to play in the snow we brought some snow inside. We made yummy snow ice cream!


Here is what you need to make snow ice cream.


Clean new fallen snow
Maple Syrup - the real kind from here in New England
Vanilla
Heavy Cream - milk works, but cream is soooo much better


Fill a cereal bowl with snow. Add to this about 2-3 Tbsp of maple syrup and 1/4 tsp of vanilla.

Next add 4-6 Tbsp of heavy cream.

Stir until all of a sudden what should appear but ICE CREAM! Eat right away before it melts. CAUTION! The ice cream will be VERY cold!


This truly makes some delicious ice cream. and to top if off it is quite healthy - no processed white sugar or preservatives - and also quite frugal. Not to mention you earn bonus mommy points and have happy children.
I truly feel sorry for those of you who don't live in an area with snow. I will admit that sometimes winter gets a little long and bleak, but there are so many winter wonderland joys that I would miss. So while I can't send snow your way, feel free to plan a trip to a snowy region to enjoy all it has to offer including Snow Ice Cream!






2 comments:

  1. OK that looks soooo good. I am doing that one tonight w/ the boys. Only I need to use milk, unless the cream fairy comes to my house. Thanks for sharing a wonderful treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, can't wait to give it a try!! Not that I'm hoping for more snow or anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.