Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yarn Along - A Little Birthday Knitting

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for the first Yarn Along of the year! It is so lovely to have a place to share what I'm knitting and reading at the moment. And I must admit I so enjoy visiting all the other crafty bibliophiles out there. Thanks for hosting, Ginny.

This weeks knitting is a little vest and pair of socks for Rebekah's who's birthday is next week. The socks are the same pattern I knit right after Christmas. The reason for the second pair - she wanted plain green socks, not green socks with flecks of other colors. Although the first green socks have only been off her feet long enough to wash them a couple of times. And that is saying a lot because Rebekah does not like socks. So this is one happy mama.

The vest is my variation of the Pebble vest that is popping up all over the blogging world. I didn't have any buttons in my stash that would do and knitting in the round is so much easier so with a little tweaking this is the vest I came up with. I love it and hopefully the birthday girl will too. You can see my ravlery notes here if you like.

Don't forget to hop on over to the Yarn Along and see what else is on the needles.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I knit a pebble this time last year and loved the pattern. The socks are lovely too... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute Vest! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vest. I can't wait to knit a Pebble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, yours is the first pebble vest I've seen, and I can understand why many people are trying it. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute vest. I really like the green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these little vests. I reminds me of the little Milo vests that are being knit all over to. Maybe they are the same? To bad I don't have anyone small enough anymore for it! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great yarn colour, loving the vest xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My biggest quest this year is to knit a pair of socks...what pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.