Sunday, September 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of September 4th




Last week was a fun adventure in adding some new grains to our diet. While I am always excited to try new foods and recipes, my family isn't usually as excited as I am. I do have to say they are good troopers, but I have to add new things to our diet a little at a time. That being said I didn't make the millet cakes last week but will be making them this week. I'd love to add some buckwheat, spelt and quinoa to the menu. If you took a look at Becca's post that I referenced last week. You know that all the grains have properties unto themselves. I would love to know the properties that go with buckwheat, spelt and quinoa. If you know or can point me in the right place to look please leave me a comment.

Now on to the menu:


Monday
Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
Lunch: Creamy Mac & Cheese with Peas
Dinner: Smothered Pork Chops Brown Rice and Glazed Carrots

Tuesday (Barley)
Breakfast: Yogurt and Maple Almond Granola
Lunch: Garlic Hummus, Pita Bread and Sliced Veggies
Dinner: Veggie Omelets, Home Fries and Mellon

Wednesday (Millet)
Breakfast: Green Smoothies and Millet Cakes
Lunch: Salmon Patties with Fruit
Dinner: Black Bean Burritos

Thursday (Rye)
Breakfast: Banana Muffins
Lunch: Rye Cracker Bites with Raw Cheddar and Tomato
Dinner: Mahogany Chicken with Vegetable Fried Rice

Friday (Oats)
Breakfast: Oat and Fruit Scones
Lunch: Tuna Melts with Tomato
Dinner: Homemade Pizza

Saturday (Corn)
Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes with Sausage
Lunch: Corn Dog Muffins with Veggie Sticks
Dinner: Cheese Burgers, Ranch Fries and Corn on the Cob

Sunday (Wheat)
Breakfast: Cinnamon Wheat Toast and Banana
Lunch: Left Overs
Dinner: Spaghetti with Italian Sausage, Garlic Bread and Garden Salad

Don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for even more menu planning inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.