Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yarn Along~ Simplicity & Slippers

Joining Ginny in her weekly Yarn Along. In her words:


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a single photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~




I'm a slipper kind of gal. I rarely go barefoot and I hate wearing out socks. So slippers are just the thing for a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom. I have been wanting to knit and felt some slippers for myself for a while now, but most of the patterns I came across were just a little beyond my understanding or cost a little more than I wanted to spend. so when I came across this post over at Mousy Brown's House I knew I had to give these a try. I mean 19 rows per slipper. I knew I could do that. And if your on Ravelry you really need to check out all the Duffers out there. Some of them are just too cute for words. At this point I'm just hoping mine fit after the felting. If they do, I may end up with slippers in all the colors of the rainbow. Or lots of people on my Christmas list may be getting Duffers of their own.



As for reading I'm back to Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne. I started it a while ago, but it was a little to heavy and the library due date came before I finished. Well, over the last few months the idea of simplifying my children's lives has been nagging at me, especially as I began to prepare for the new school year. Then I was lucky enough to hear Donna Ashton's introduction to her Simplicity Parenting seminar. My interest in the book was peaked again. So with a great deal at Borders I now own a copy. And it must be karma because one our local library's is offering two free seminars on the book in the up coming weeks. I guess I should listen, read the book and simplify. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. There is really nothing to compare with a cozy knitted slipper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who moves slowly through a book - so much processing to do along the way.
    Love those Duffers! I'm interested to hear how the felting goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the duffers! i'm like you, i like having something on my feet and hate the idea of wearing out my handknit socks on old hardwood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually like being barefoot but there are times when being covered is good too. Luckily for me our apartment is so warm slippers are crazy but I will check those out for my mom, she always wears slippers in cooler weather. They're cute - thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I printed out the pattern! Thanks...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color yarn. You're the second person I saw reading Simplicity Parenting...maybe I should look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.