Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peach Perfect

We were blessed to receive a box of peaches yesterday. They were ripe and really needed to be used up fast. so off to the kitchen the girls and I went.

First up was a fruit salad. One of my favorite summer treats. I just can't get enough. It was yummy for breakfast this morning.

Next was the perfect (in my daughter's eyes) peach pie.




Jette Peach Pie

5 cups of peaches
1 1/4 cups sugar (I use evaporate cane juice)
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp butter

double crust pie dough

milk or cream
cinnamon sugar

Mix all filling ingredient except for the butter. Fill pie crust. Top with second crust, crimp and cut vent slits. Brush with milk or cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for about 30 minutes.



With the few that remained Bekah and I made these peach pie popsicles. We added a dash of nutmeg. We'll have to let you know how they turn out. They are still in the freezer. Hopefully Bekah will forget and stop asking if they are ready every five minute.

Oh how I love peaches. They must be one of my favorite fruits. I really hope to gt the chance to go peach picking this year. My pantry could really use some canned peaches, peach jam and oh I I would love to find a good recipe for canned peach pie filling. Anyone have one they would like to share?

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! Thanks for the recipe, I would love to try making a peach pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! i want some pie :) here is my favorite peach pie canning recipe. it is very tasty and not too sweet.
    http://www.pickyourown.org/peachpiefilling.htm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.