Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yarn Along - Simple Shawl

Joining Ginny in her weekly Yarn Along. In her words:


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a single photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~



How good it has to get the knitting needles back out! I cast on this simple shawl last week and it has been such a joy to work on. A simple pattern that truly requites no thought, it has been the perfect summer project. It has accompanied us to the fireworks, the playground, picnics and BBQs, and quiet evenings on the front porch watching the girls play. I can see myself knitting a few more of these for gifts in the future.


As for reading, I just received a copy of Shannon Honeybloom's Making a Family Home. It is a quick read with lovely photos. She walks the reading through each room/area of your home discussing purpose and function. How to make space meet all the family members needs.


So what are you knitting and reading? It is so inspiring to see what others are working on.

3 comments:

  1. nice shawl. The book looks like a nice read too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing simple knitting this summer as well. Your blanket looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds neat! I'm trying to rethink how this place is arranged but there is really only so much you can do with old military housing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.