Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hats 3 and 4

Sarah's hat was knit form the Hurricane pattern that I used for Rebekah and my hat. It definitely get easier with practice. And my knitting is getting a lot better too. I really feel like I need to make Rebekah another one, because hers has SO many mistakes. Luckily at two she doesn't care. She loves it because mama made it for her. I love knowing her little head and ears will be toasty warm.

Hannah decided she didn't like the wool that these hats were made out of, so she picked out this multi color yarn. I wasn't sure how the Hurricane hat would knit up in this yarn - the stripes of the yarn going one direction and the pattern heading in the opposite. So I got a little crazy and made up my own pattern. It really was quite easy and knit up in a day. She loves it and so do I. I even have enough yarn left to make her a matching scarf. So I think that is the next project.


Doug tried on Sarah's had and said he'd like one in black. That should tell you how well it turned out. So that is on the project list as well. Finally, I found a sweater pattern for Rebekah. I just don't know if I am ready to bite the bullet and try a sweater. I did find a yarn shop not too far away that has classes - what a great birthday present don't you think - hint, hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.