- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil and pine nuts. Pulse a few times. Add the garlic and pulse a few more times. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is running. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Makes 1 cup