Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Morning Song


I have been enjoying reading through Seven Times the Sun these last few weeks. I chose the book as it was becoming clear that the rhythms in our home were a little off. I think some of it has to do with the large age spread of the girls - teen to tot, as well as we are still adjusting to dad's new work schedule. Anyway, back to rhythms. In the past of have always made schedules. I was good at that, making them that is. And I was pretty good at using them as a tool and not being a slave to them. But as I have aged, oh so gracefully, I have found that rhythms work better for us. A gentle flow to the day and week and year. They let us know what is expected. We have something to look forward to, something to be grounded in, but they also allow us so much freedom.


So back to our morning song. Rebekah has enjoyed the songs in Seven Times the Sun so much. She asks me to sing them over and over. And out of that we have created some of our own songs. It has been so much fun. Her little eyes light up. She wiggles and dances. And you have just to see how she tries to snap her fingers. She looks like she is flicking something away.


I thought I would share this simple song, that has brought us so much joy. It has been fun to great the day in this way.


Good morning, good morning, good morning to you

The sun has come what, what should be do?


Good morning, good morning, a new days begun

The birdies are singing let's have some fun.

So how to you go about your day? So you have a rythm or scheulde or you a fly by the seat of your pants type of gal. I would love to hear what works for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.