Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bears and Birdfeeders Don't Mix

This morning just before 5 o'clock I was awakened by some noise outside in driveway. Boy was I surprised to see a large bear up on his hind legs looking in my living room window. He wasn't actually looking at me, he was trying to get his breakfast - one of Sarah's bird feeders.

He succeeded in getting the feeder down, looked up at me, and then settled in to enjoy his meal. It was really neat to watch him. Bear are such fascinating animals. Especially if you can watch them from the safety of your house.

Sarah was upset with the bear. Luckily we were able to fix the feeder and will now bring them in at night.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! A bear so close! I'm sorry for Sarah, but that is really neat to have that kind of wildlife in your yard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.