Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in the fun of the weekly Yarn Along hosted by Ginny over at Small Things. In Ginny's words:

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~



Just off the needles is my Age of Steam and Brass Kerchief Ginny's versions were so inspiring, I though this would be the perfect going away present for dear friend who is moving at the end of the month. It was knit with a super soft wool bamboo blend that I am just loving. The color in the photo is horrible. Oh so need someone to give me some photography lessons. It really is beautiful shades of purples and greys.



On the reading front I am working my way through Organized Simplicity and really enjoying it. Thanks for all the web recommendations for this book. I love the author's point that simplicity will look different for everyone. And that simplicity isn't about a plain style or giving up what you love or never indulging, but rather more about living with focuses purpose and making choices that support that purpose.



Don't forget to hop on over to the Yarn Along and see what others are knitting and reading.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I loved Ginny's shawl too! I've come across a few other people who've knit this pattern the past few weeks. It's at the top of my queue! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jen I have it queued too. Your shawl came out very lovley and I'm sure your friend is going to love it.
    Happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is lovely!! You are so nice to be gifting this shawl to a friend- she's going to treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with ginny's shawl to and yours is so pretty to :) What a lovely going away gift for you friend. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a dear friend you are. the shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that shawl. Such a beautiful wine color yarn you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.