Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Autumn

I love autumn! It is my favorite season. The air turns crisp. The reds, oranges, yellows and brown explode across the mountains. The apples are sweet. The wood stove smells so lovely. The woods are full of activity as the little animals prepare for the long winter around the corner.

This first day of autumn we all set out early in the morning. Off to collect items for our nature table. The dew was heavy on the grass and the air had a slight chill. Everyone grabbed a sweater, wool of course. Oh how I love sweater weather.


Baskets in hand, we headed out. The leaves rustling under our feet. The search was on.


The first acorn found! It didn't take long to fill our baskets with acorns, pinecones, leaves and small twigs. A bowl full of acorns and a few pinecones now adorn our autumn nature table. I wonder what the next treasure will be.


The girls and I enjoyed making the fall leaves garland. I'll post a tutorial soon.
So good to be back. Many thanks to all of you contacted me during our absence and for your prayers. Life is getting back to normal, or at least normal for us.



4 comments:

  1. I love this little autumn display! You have inspired me to do something similar for our school room. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog and I have enjoyed taking a trip to visit your site.

    Your Autumn day adventure was wonderful, I love the pictures and your daughter looks so sweet, they took me back to our Autumn, here in Australia we are in Spring (though the weather has turned very cold at the moment!)

    Have a beautiful start of October. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Autumn to you too! I love your autumn display and felt leaves. Autumn is a beautiful season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nature table is beautiful. Ours looks more summery right now, because we just got back from the beach. I really like your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.