- 3 cup whole wheat macaroni or pasta shape of you choice
- 2 cups broccoli - this is one of the changes we made it with 1 cup which was not enough
- 3 cups shredded cheese - we made it with mozzarella but will change to cheddar
- 1 3/4cups milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano - we didn't use this much
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs lightly beaten - next time we'll use three
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook macaroni as directed on package, add broccoli when there is about two minutes left. Drain. To pasta and broccoli add 2 cups shredded cheese, milk, 1/2 cup parmigiano, onion, eggs and seasonings. Pour into a buttered 9x13" baking dish. Sprinkle with the reaming cheeses. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
So what are you serving for lunch? We love to hear and if you have a link to a recipe please share.