Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WIP Wednesday

This adorable little bunny is some of the Easter crafting going on. This was so easy to make following Betz White's tutorial here. The body is made from a merino wool sweater that was free from one of the local church thrift stores. I felted it in the washing machine. The fabric in the ears is scraps left over from Rebekah's birthday banner. The buttons came out of the button basket, a collection of extra and rescued buttons from everywhere. The pom pom is cotton made using this tutorial. The yarn was left from another project.

I love making things for family and friends, especially the kids. And it is always a plus when I can repurpose items and create frugally.

What are you crafting this Spring? I'd love to hear. And don't forget to include your tips for repuropsing materials. I am always on the look out for new ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I was going to say sooooooo cute, but it seems to be taken already so.... Wow, that rabbit is adorable!! Check out our blog to see what we are working on (see sewing 101)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to say...SUPER cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What a cool bunny, Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to your thoughts.